Re: [DL] Re: Sleight o' Hand

In a message dated 4/11/00 1:46:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Xotzil@aol.com
writes:

<< Makes me wonder.

 What kind of bonus would you give to a huckster who laboriously "collected"
 full deck of these manitou-summoned cards (jokers included, so he'd have had
 to have backlashed at least once) and used them as a focus for casting
hexes?
 Or would that be a penalty, for playing with the house's deck, seeing as how
 the "house" is the hoary netherworld itself?

 Just something I was wondering about.

 --Jacques >>

Great (or is it warped) minds think alike Jacques!       Have a friend that
has just created a new character (a huckster) that gained a Relic through a
MP.    I basically had just what you have just said ("Manitou Cards, I calls
'em).     As the MP card was red, the relic was 'good', so I give him a
little oomph when he calls up a hex, a'la the huckster edge Old Hand and a +2
to his Hexslingin' roll.     Of course, I also gave it something of a Taint
(yeah yeah....I know.     But it was just too good to pass up).     The taint
is that whenever he suffers backlash, in adition to the random occurance, he
also has to roll the contested roll with the manitou as listed under Total
Corruption (Roll of 20).     But I did give a break....he can add his
huckster gamblin bonus to his roll.     Too harsh?      MAybe, but the
character's also harrowed, so I didn't feel TOO bad about the chance of a
free dominion shot!

Two Gun Mojo
SASS # 30412
"I got my mojo workin'"