[DL] Railroad confusion

Ok, this is something that's bugged me for a while.  I
don't have my books in front of me so excuse any
mispellings or incorrections.  Using the map from the
deadlands site:
http://www.PEGInc.com/deadlands/GRWLib/Images/railmap.JPG
Denver Pacific who is allied/merged with S&R is the
only line that goes into Salt Lake City.  Wasatch
which is allied/merged with Hellstromme's company is
mostly east coast, and barely enters Colorado.  How
does Hellstromme effectively use his rail line if all
his factories are no where near it?  I thought Wasatch
and DP were feuding so it's doubtful they would let
his trains ride their rails to or from Salt Lake.

Have I missed something?

-Munch Wolf