Re: [DL] Railroad confusion

At 04:59 PM 4/11/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok, this is something that's bugged me for a while.  I
>don't have my books in front of me so excuse any
>mispellings or incorrections.  Using the map from the
>deadlands site:
>http://www.PEGInc.com/deadlands/GRWLib/Images/railmap.JPG
>Denver Pacific who is allied/merged with S&R is the
>only line that goes into Salt Lake City.  Wasatch
>which is allied/merged with Hellstromme's company is
>mostly east coast, and barely enters Colorado.  How
>does Hellstromme effectively use his rail line if all
>his factories are no where near it?  I thought Wasatch
>and DP were feuding so it's doubtful they would let
>his trains ride their rails to or from Salt Lake.
>
>Have I missed something?

Nope - it's just that the Denver Pacific has the best right of ways into
and out of Salt Lake City.  Meaning that the other Rail Barons have to find
far more expensive routes.

While S&R and Hellstromme aren't friends, Robards is more then happy to
sell passage on his tracks to Wasatch - the same way he does for Black
River and Union Blue.

In fact - Robards may understand that if he did refuse passage to Wasatch,
Hellstromme may be forced to take far more drastic action - action that
right now is more inconvienent then building his own line.
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Everybody dies.  Whether you die on your feet or on your knees, is entirely
up to you.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

L. Ron Hubbard.
Eons ago, evil aliens coded it's genetic structure to do so.  To rid
yourself of these engrams will require a trip aboard our luxury
yacht/religious retreat - for the nominal fee of $40,000 cash or credit.
Checks not accepted.