Re: [DL] High Noon- and some great news!

>The question most commonly asked by our wonderful fans is: when are you
>going to have miniatures again? "Great Rail Wars, Grim Crusade, High
>Noon--we don't care! We just want more Deadlands minis!"
>
>So we responded. We've kept this news close to our chest because we didn't
>want to announce the return of the game until we were sure we could make
>the miniatures once again. We are, and they'll be available here in June.

I don't want to sound like I'm whining or anything, but let me make sure
I've got this straight:

I finally stumbled on a mini game that I enjoyed in GRW, but it was out of
print. I was sad.

GRW was being reissued in a slightly new and supported form, Grim Crusade!
I was happy.

I scavenged all the GRW minis I could from eBay and retailers and painted,
secure in the knowledge that my fledgling armies would be bolstered in the
re-release.  I was happy.

PEG delayed, delayed, delayed, and finally cancelled GC.  I had a bunch of
minis for a game with no support and, therefore, little chance of new
players or a steady supply of figures.  I was very sad.

In a time of moderate but not insurmountable need, I liquidated all my GRW
minis, figuring I wouldn't get enough playtime out of them anyway and I
could use the cash for other things.  I hated to see them go, but I
couldn't drum up any kind of local support for a 'dead game.' I sold them
at a serious loss.  I was sad.

A month later PEG announces that they're going to be doing GRW again.  I
scream and bang my head against the wall until I lose consciousness.

-Brent