[DL] the war in the (far) west

Does DL canon mention any major military campaigns or engagements in the far
west?

My game is set in Colorado, north of Denver, up near the Wyoming border.  I
saw somewhere that the Sioux torched Boulder in the early 1870s, but I don't
remember now if that was a game event or a RL event ... anyway, I don't
recall seeing anything about the Blue and the Gray mixing it up in the Rocky
Mountain region.  I know the actual war didn't really make it that far west,
but do any of the sourcebooks make mention of such a thing?

Thanks,

-- Joe M.