Re: [DL] Relic idea?

>For those curious, the article is at:
>http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/battleflag/battleflag.htm
>
>Now, the flag was carried by one of the first black regiments
>formed during the Civil War, the 12th Regiment Corps d'Afrique.
>
>So, any help in making up stats for a Relic based off of this
>flag would be most appreciated.

The best I can think of is a fairly er, standard bonus to leadership and
morale.  The commander of the Corps rolls his leadership at one die type
higher, and all members of the regiment within sight of the standing colors
gain a +2 to all guts checks.
In Deadlands: High Noon, a Union Blue player using troops of the Corps
d'Afrique and carrying the colors gets to draw an additional fate chip at
the start of the scenario. If an opposing player can gain and hold
possesion of the colors, they gain an additional 50 points, 100 if the
player was Dixie Rails.

I can't really think of a taint for such an item with an honorable and
noble history - except for the fact that it is only used during periods of
armed combat.
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

My freshly made cross, my freshly dug grave,
I'm still a man but no longer a slave.
     Scarf Jones, The Railway of Death.  (Burma-Thailand railroad, WWII)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Orwell:
Because Big Brother was watching to make sure that it did cross the road,
although in its heart, the chicken never did.