Re: [DL] 3 Questions [Goff]

> From our latest session...
>
> When a manitou is in control of a harrowed PC and gets hurt, who spends
fate
> chips to avoid damage?  We figured it would be the marshal but I was just
> curious what other marshals do.  I briefly scanned the accumulated rulings
> but didn't see anything there on this one.

There's nothing official on that one, but here's how I'd handle it based on
experience: the player. If she wants to avoid getting hurt, she spends 'em.
:-)

OTOH, if the manitou is in danger of being actually killed as opposed to
merely suffering a little damage, you, as the Marshal, are welcome to spend
them on its behalf. It doesn't want to die after all, just cause a little
mayhem.

> When a harrowed PC raises his coodination of his spirit (via bounty
points),
> does the manitou's spirit go up as well?  Originally the PC had a 1d12 and
> so did the manitou.  He's since raised it to a 2d12 and I was wondering
what
> the general concensus was on this.

No.

> John, here's the question specifically for you.  In R,V,C II you define
the
> new "swarm" attack.  I understand the basics but how is damage applied
wound
> wise?  Is it the same as massive damage?  For instance, a swarm of 100
> Terrantulas attack a single posse member.  They get one attack roll with a
> +4 to hit.  They don't go bust so they hit.  They then get 5d4 for their
> damage.  A total of 17 is rolled.  Given a standard 6 size that's 2
wounds.
> Where did these wounds occur?
>
> I rolled a d20 for location for each wound per massive damage.  It made
> sense to me, but the location of damage is not discussed in RVC II.
> Comments?

You read my mind. :-)

That's the way to handle it. Even under the optional massive damage rules, a
random location for each wound is the way to go.

John