Re: [DL] New Stuff

> I've read a few messages and seen references to "Hexarcana" and a few
other
> books, I was hoping someone would run me down on a few of the newest
things
> coming out.  I mean I figured that Hexarcana is the revision rules for
> Magic.  I have the orginal game and I've just got the new Marshal's &
> Player's guide so I'm getting the new rules down and I was thinking of
> buying some of the older books I don't have, such as H&H but if Hexarcana
> revamps it I don't want to end up buying to many book(like there really is
> such a thing as too many)

Hexarcana does not revamp any of the old books. It does provide updates and
errata for three, specifically: Fire & Brimstone, Hucksters & Hexes, and
Ghost Dancers. I've listed a few pointers on what's changed in each of those
books as a result of the revised rules (which you've got), to avoid
confusion. I've also noted any errors or oversights in them (like "How long
does it really take to cast Talisman?" <g>).

Some of the errata is already on the website, but a fair amount is stuff
I've noted recently while scouring the books again. (BTW, I'll pass that
errata along to the webmaster in the next few weeks so he can post it as
well.)

Hexarcana does re-present (and in two cases revamp) the Arcane Backgrounds
from our campaign boxed sets, The Great Maze, City o' Gloom, and River o'
Blood. The changes to those ABs are partially to make them more consistent
cost- and rules-wise with the revised set, but also to make them a little
more enjoyable to play.

The rest of the book is new stuff--approximately 80+ new hexes, favors,
miracles, spells, powers, etc. for the every AB except Mad Science.

Personally, I'm pretty darn happy with it now that it's done. :-)

John