Re: [DL] Wow moment and amusing moment from last night's game.

On the subject of big damage, I may have goofed but this was before the
revised rule changes and I didn't have lawdogs to the shotgun damage and the
massive damage rules didn't sink in.  The player rolled to hit for a shotgun
at point blank range.  I gave him 1 hit for each sucess and raise, He got
five hits, one to the head three to the upper guts and one to the gizzards.
rolling damage altogether at 5d6 per wound (no bonus it was a skeleton) gave
him 25d6 damage.  We still refer to that as rolling thunder.  Total damage
176.

On a more personal note I was playing in the dark canyon adventure as a mad
scientist/metal mage with a flamethrower Reliability:18.  We get to the end
of the adventure and somebody has to make a sacrifice to save us all, I
nominate myself.  I rush the three barrels of gunpowder manageing to toss a
few high cards to avoid getting hit by the 60+ slimywalking dead that
surround the pool.  I jam the nozzle of my thrower into the hole and pull
the trigger.  No here's where it gets intresting, my marshal said not to
bother with rolling reliability but I did it anyway.  19.  Lets roll on the
old malfuntion table just for fun.  16.  Wow,....Oops.  We didn't keep an
accurate total of the damage but I did have to blow 9 of my own fate chips
and two or three other people dropped some in.  I still managed to take
about 17-19 wounds 5 of them to the guts after sustaining 18d12+ 17d20 worth
of massive damage.

oh hell forget it.
Needless to say I came back quite harrowed with someintresting powers.  Who
needs to build a new flame thrower I've got hellfire!

Ronald "Still looking for the perfect spell" Conner