Re: [DL] Hexslingers

> The answer is no.  Hexslingers are "special" and don't need a free hand.
> Maybe John has cleared that up for Hexarcana?

I didn't hit hexslingers in Hexarcana, since they appeared in a standalone
sourcebook. However, my take on it is that yes they do need a free hand, but
instead of cards they hold their gun in it.

I'd also say there's some sort of notable effect that might get them busted
as "witches" if detected. Maybe a glint of light off the barrel when it's
twilight, cylinders spinning when they shouldn't, etc. I'd let either a
sleight o' hand or gunplay roll sneak past a watcher though.

The reason I'd require the guns is to keep them somewhat in balance.
Hucksters have to actually look at the hand and have their dominant hand
free (i.e., no other weapon in it). Hexslingers can have their hands full
with guns and either shoot or cast depending on the situation.

John