[DL] Rule variant and some pure silliness

I was thinking about using a rule varient that would allow a player to raise
his die type in a skill seperetlly from the main ability die type. for
instance to raise his quickdraw' from 4d6 to 4d8 while leaving his quickness
at 4d6. I was planing to have this cost the die type X 1 ( raiseing to d8
would cost 8) and having the point count if the player even decides to raise
the main ability ( 8 point tword raising his quickness to 4d8).
Dose this sound like it is in balance.

Now a ideal I want out of my head so I stop thinking about it.

Yogi Bear.
A half american indian / half asian indian shaman who goes about stealing
occult artifacts, he especialy likes to target the texas rangers.

Boo-Boo.
A short chinese martial artest who serves as Yogi bear's sidekick.