Re: [DL] Rule variant and some pure silliness

At 06:16 PM 5/11/00 EST, you wrote:
>I was thinking about using a rule varient that would allow a player to raise
>his die type in a skill seperetlly from the main ability die type. for
>instance to raise his quickdraw' from 4d6 to 4d8 while leaving his quickness
>at 4d6. I was planing to have this cost the die type X 1 ( raiseing to d8
>would cost 8) and having the point count if the player even decides to raise
>the main ability ( 8 point tword raising his quickness to 4d8).
>Dose this sound like it is in balance.

Sounds close to what I do.  Due to the horrific cost of raising a die type,
once a player raises half the cost he can apply it to one of his skills -
which is now used at the higher die type.
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

My freshly made cross, my freshly dug grave,
I'm still a man but no longer a slave.
     Scarf Jones, The Railway of Death.  (Burma-Thailand railroad, WWII)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Orwell:
Because Big Brother was watching to make sure that it did cross the road,
although in its heart, the chicken never did.