Re: [DL] Mad Scientists [JOHN]

> Ugh.  This is the first time I looked at that chart - and it's just
fubar'd.
> Here's the new chart I am sending to John for approval.

Could you try reformatting that or saving it to a document and sending it to
me personally--I can't seem to get the stuff to line up. :-)

> >4. If you have to build the same device over and over, like say
phosphorous
> >bullets would each succesive manufature get eaiser?  Could you eventually
> >build a machine that would do the work?
>
> Yup.  But the machine would require a blueprint. . . :-)

Actually, I've got to step on Allan's toes a bit here (Sorry Allan). Mad
science gizmos can't be mass-produced by machinery; they require that
personal, insane touch.

It's the major reason why technology doesn't quickly run amok and rush
light-years ahead of history. To get factory-production, you've got to plod
ahead with normal designs.

However, once your character has a blueprint, he can build any number of
that model of device from it. Should he lose it, he's out of luck unless
he's got a copy, though.

John