[DL] Re: WWW (OT)

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 19:30:16 -0400 (EDT)
> From: wangenstein@mad.scientist.com
> Subject: RE: [DL] WWW (OT)
>
> Glad to see I wasn't the only one who hated (and was deeply disappointed
in)
> this movie. Some points:
>
> Selma Hayek: was only in this movie for titillation purposes. I can't
> believe she didn't fire her agent after reading the script.

agreed.

> The Spider: Cool!

I have to disagree here. This was one of those things that bugged me (heh).
In the long-shot CG stuff, the head is bobbing all over the place, yet when
they medium shot and close up on the head, everything is well balanced. That
just really irritated me.
Plus the sound effects were nothing more than "wherrr..." "wheeee" and
cables snapping. Hey, wow. Took a genius to come up with that one.

> The Automaton: Y'know, the big guy that West fights on the spider when he
> isn't fighting Loveless? What was his story? Where did he come from? Did I
> miss something? Honestly, can anyone fill me in?

nope. Just there for comic hilarity! WOO!

> West as a bellydancer: Besides the stupidity of the concept. None of the
bad
> guys (gals, actually) knew that 'she' wasn't one of them?

Exactly. Where did they think she came from? No one thought this was
strange? Geez!

> The plot: To quote MST3K, "C'mon, DEAD people know what's going to
> happen..."
>
> To sum up: Disappointing. Very disappointing. Visually, very interesting,
> but personally, I'd rather watch any episode of "The Adventures of Brisco
> County, Jr."...

Can't say I agree with the "visually interesting" part, either. I'd
certainly rather watch Brisco County.

anyone who points out that spiders aren't bugs will be duly smacked.  ;-)
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com