RE: [DL] Re: WWW (OT)

>> The Spider: Cool!

>I have to disagree here. This was one of those things that bugged me (heh).
>In the long-shot CG stuff, the head is bobbing all over the place, yet when
>they medium shot and close up on the head, everything is well balanced.
That
>just really irritated me.
Plus the sound effects were nothing more than "wherrr..." >"wheeee" and
>cables snapping. Hey, wow. Took a genius to come up with that one.

Okay, remembering back, the execution was less than perfect, but the
_concept_ of a giant mechanical spider _is_ cool! (BTW, why is it when a
villain chooses a motif, i.e. spiders, he has it put up all over his lair?)

>> The Automaton: Y'know, the big guy that West fights on the spider when he
>> isn't fighting Loveless? What was his story? Where did he come from? Did
>> miss something? Honestly, can anyone fill me in?

>nope. Just there for comic hilarity! WOO!

As comic hilarity: no sir, I didn't like it. I wanted to know more about
his/its construction. The Mad Scientist in me, I suppose...

>> The plot: To quote MST3K, "C'mon, DEAD people know what's going to
>> happen..."
>>
>> To sum up: Disappointing. Very disappointing. Visually, very interesting,
>> but personally, I'd rather watch any episode of "The Adventures of Brisco
>> County, Jr."...

>Can't say I agree with the "visually interesting" part, either. I'd
>certainly rather watch Brisco County.

Okay, you caught me. I thought I'd try to say _something_ nice about the
movie. So much for that...

Derek "I miss Brisco" D. Bass

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com