[DL] From Netsurfer Digest...

Thought you guys might enjoy this...

For Map Junkies

Some of the biggest information junkies are map lovers. Many of them will
appreciate the Color Landform Atlas of the United States, a no-glitz,
no-frills site put up by the Applied Physics Laboratory, a research division
of The Johns Hopkins University. Topographic and satellite maps of the
states are ostensibly the main attractions - never knew there are natural
hills in Florida, did you? -and historians and illustrators may want to
download some of the large 100-year-old maps. Frankly, as inveterate
surfers, we found the equally excellent External Links section for each
state more useful. Through an external link to Roadside America, for
example, we discovered that Illinois has the world's largest catsup bottle,
and California, the world's tallest thermometer. We suspected as much and
now have proof, thanks to guidance from physicists in search of nature's
secrets. Aviators, backpackers, and other travelers link to maps at Color
Landform Atlas of the United States to document their own sites.
http://fermi.jhuapl.edu/states/

Bill