[DL] High Noon Appendix F

So I don't really have any plans to play high noon,
but I was skimming the various Appenix for ideas for
DL and I noticed a little oddity about Appendix F:
Strange Locals.  It says there are only 6 of them, and
gives a chart so players can roll up 5 different
locals, but 12 are listed.  I've played minis before
and I know it's all the discretion of people involved
how they want to handle it, but I was wondering if
anyone else had noticed this oddity.  Personally I'd
recommend a d12 chart (which would give unweighted
results to all choices) or a d20 chart (making some
locations more likely than others) like below:

1 Ancient Mound
2 Indian Burial Grounds
3 Rattler Pit
4 Ruin
5 Strange Tower
6-7 Cave
8-9 Eerie Clearing
10-11 Field of Bones
12-13 Graveyard
14-15 Mine Shaft
16-17 Weird Tree
18-20 Deserted Cabin

Let each player involved roll a d20 and ignore
repeating results (so if 3 players roll 3 Deserted
Cabins, only 1 is in play, and there are no rerolls
for the other locations).

Second questions, how strange locals to a tabletop?
Any more that 2 or 3 seems to be pushing it.  Why?
Well, you could end up with a whole bunch of
supernatural beasties sitting right on top of each
other if you allow more than that.

You know, thinking about it, these locals could make
some nice random wilderness encounters.

-Munch Wolf