Re: [DL] Back from the dead with a few more questions (Only slightly OT)

> I'm planning on sending a posse into the Great Maze and was wondering if
> anyone has run the Pass the Salt adventure from the box set.

I've not read it myself (I'm hoping to one day get to finally play it...),
but I've heard nothing but good from the list and reviews if that helps.

 > I've also toyed
> around with the idea of sending them into Gomorra and was wondering if
anyone
> has used the Doomtown or Bust sourcbook.

It's a pretty darn complete town and story all in a single book. The more I
read it, the more potential I see. However, be warned, the factions there
are pretty tough and every one has an agenda of its own. The posse could
quickly find itself in deep (outhouse) water if it's used to dealing with
NPCs heavy-handedly.

My personal opinion is that it makes a great occasional stop for players. I
don't know that I'd set a whole campaign thereabouts, but it's neat enough
to warrant a visit or two. In fact, two of the adventures we're kicking out
for DL this year do involve at least a brief visit to the town...

> My only other question at the
> moment concerns Hexarcana.  Does anyone have any idea when it's due?  I
have
> two martial artists in the posse and could really use the updated rules.

Well, it's getting the final touches applied before going to the printer. I
can't say for certain how long that will take, but I'd feel safe in saying
it should be hitting stores by Origins and possibly sooner (Lord willing and
the creek don't rise). I plan to pester the guys at the office frequently to
make sure. :-)

> Aside from that, I'm glad to be back and hope to run into a few of you at
> GenCon in August.

Glad to have you back and look for me for sure!

>Any word on another Listserve dinner?  Last years was
> a blast even if I didn't stick around the whole time.

I think Allan's trying to cook one up again.

John Goff