Re: [DL] Old Movie Question

	I'm really just guessing that I am, in fact, the requested "Chris", but
I'll take a stab at this just in case:

Mr. Jeff Tolle wrote:
>Personally, I would think that the Agency and or the Rangers would have
not stood for any supernatural references in the movie.  So - no zombies, etc.

	I agree.

>However remember this - the movie was filmed in a United States.
Furthermore, a lot of the tragedy of the movie comes from the fact that we
know that the south will loose, and Scarlet's way of life is destined to
end.  This however does not happen in the Deadlands world.

	Margaret Mitchell's book is, by her own admission, about the necessity of
sacrifice during war. Even though the *DL* Confederacy won the Atlanta
Campaign, there was still much sacrifice in evidence.

	>So I would first make a decision about where the movie was filmed.  Was
it filemd in the North, South, or in a more neutral and laissez faire (not
to mention revisionist ehm U-571) California.  I think that the movie would
be more patriotic (or you could go less if the movie was filmed in the
North.)  There would be much less of the element of tragedy, cause the
South does not loose.  (Notice I didn't say the won.)

	I suppose California's the most likely location. Whatever does the least
damage to actual history is what I usually assume happened, but as always,
YMMV.
	Remember, a lot of good men (on both sides) died young during the Atlanta
Campaign, and on the Yankee side (in *DL*), it was death in vain. I can
think of nothing more tragic myself.
	Hope this helps, and thanks for asking for my lil' ol' input. That has
truly made my day!

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God