RE: [DL] Question, Dum in nature...but need a answer

> Hey Guys,
> 	Can you tell me what this means?  I don't really know
> how to read the stats of one sumurized outlaw verus a bunch?
>
> 	Undead Outlaw		VS.		Emile Bouchard
> 	Attack:					Attack:
> 	Knife 3d8/2d6+1d6			 Knife 3d6/4d4 + 1d4
> 	Pistol 3d6/2d4				 Pistol 6d10/3d6
> 	Defense:				 Defense:
> 	Bralin 4					 Brawlin 3
> 	Dodge 3d8				 Knife 4
>
> Any help would be mind clearing

Ahh.. this brings back fond memories. The Mission. One of the best
adventures in Deadlands, IMHO, although... err... hmm... I'll say something
after a spoiler space on that. In the meantime, the number before the / is
the attack roll, the number after the / is the damage. So Bouchard has 6d10
shootin' pistol, and it does 3d6 damage (this is correct, I remember
Bouchard had 6d10). Some other other stats look a little odd - 2d4 pistol
damage for the outlaws? Not sure.. you may have copied them down
incorrectly.

Anyway, spoiler space for posse's...

The only problem I found with the adventure is that it's too blatantly
obvious that the dreams are coming from Wickliffe himself. It's only going
to be him or the Indians, and the Indians are not going to portray him as a
golden figure (even though I tried to impress on them that that could be
because the Indians gave him a gold supper). The diary stresses the
importance of the knife, and as soon as the Indians turned up and talked
about "killing the serpent with it's own fang" my posse immediately said
"that'll be the knife" even before they had seen it in the last dream
sequence. It seemed fairly clear to them (and me) that the dreams could only
have come from Whitcliffe, and therefore it was obvious he was trying to
stop them picking up the knife, ergo that's what you need to kill him.

So that part of the adventure was a tiny bit weak (or my posse are too quick
on the uptake) but otherwise it's a bloody good adventure, and one of John
Goff's finest.

Brian "One of my posse, who is a low ranked member of a secret huckster
organisation (you know the one) and thinks they're actually trying to HELP
the world, actually told them about the one-sacrifice-from-completion
pentagram (and gave them the knife) and they promised they would "take care
of it... Bwahahahahaha etc" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.