Re: [DL] New Marshal (long)

>> Perdition's Duaghter
>> That seems like a good start to me.
>
>The clues to the villain's weakness can be a bit obtuse to new players,
>though.
>
>I find that "This Harrowed Ground" from the Marshal's screen is a great
>intro adventure.
>
>B.D. Flory

A couple of weeks only a couple of my players turned up and so I ran a
filler, and had the choice of Perditions Daughter or Night Train, looked at
who wrote Night Train, and then decided on Perditions Daughter, as it was
bound to be not as deadly.  As above my players got the clues but missed the
link and ended up getting pasted - I let them live as one was only wanting
to break in a Martial Artist (rather than break a MA) and I have longish
term plans for the other character.  I've put a brief summary (which doesn't
end up so brief) of what happened for all those of you who are interested.

Perdition's Daughter's Spoilers Follow
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The two players had come to like Rev Owlsey after initially distrusting him
as they headed to the final scene.  The MA testing his powers jumped right
in, while the other sniped at Carstairs knocking her off the stone, and
making her right peeved.  The MA got stuck into DuChamps almost laying him
out, but retreated after Carstairsjust missed him with a bolt of fire near.
He legged it and grabbed Christopher and left him with the preacher - all
the time getting beaten upon by Cult members.  Carstairs went in search of
the sniper, only to shrug off some more bullets.  The MA tried again to take
Carstairs with a running jump and ended up getting his arm completely
roasted as well as getting shot by DuChamps.  DuChamps then nearly took out
the preacher with a shot to the head - which completely hacked off the two
PC's who were getting quite attached to the old man who was severely kicking
cultist butt.

Carstairs eventually found the sniper and fried him (4 to the guts, 3 to an
arm, 2 to the head and a couple to the legs - which left him lying
unconscious, bleeding in the snow), the MA left alone fled with Christopher
(in order to get the money) and left Rev Owsley behind.  By now all the
cultists had killed each other and Carstairs was left needing one more
sacrifice to replace Chistopher.  So she flew down and slit Owsleys throat
using her sacrificial dagger, with the MA left looking on helpless.  A
demonic face appeared in the flames to tell her that the bargain was once
more complete and another 50 years was hers.  She picked up a now
unconscious DuChamps and left.  I plan to introduce a Black Chip in the pot
for these two characters so that if any of them pull it out, Carstairs will
come calling to tie up loose ends - eventually I plan that they will have to
hunt down her soul flame and snuff it out once and for all.  To be fair the
sniper had actually worked it out, but was too far away to do much about it,
the MA was too busy having fun, using Monkey goes to the Mountain and
punching things to care (until he got his arm fried, of course - then he
just tried to stay alive)

All in all a good adventure, but your players have to be paying attention
and not just gun/fist crazy, cos then baaaad things happen.

Roy