Re: [DL] Question for John regarding Eternal Hero...

At 02:42 PM 6/3/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I see that the VotWW is different than in HOE.  In Weird West, it gives the
>player a point of grit but it doesn't in HoE, in fact in HoE the eternal
>hero has to have NO chips to have a shot at making the Spirit roll.  Is this
>intentional?  Can the eternal hero spend all his chips to prevent wounds
>even though he knows it won't save him, just to make the roll?

The "official" ruling is to go with the latest usage of the rules - so
Eternal Hero grants a point of grit and the sprit roll can be made while
you still have fate chips.

But the HoE version does address one potential abusing mechanic.  The PC
with 10 fate chips who doesn't bother to spend them to negate damage, just
to help him make the spirit roll.  And you can bet that this type of player
has done everything he can to get to a 6d12 Spirit.    If I had such a
player in my game, I would state that if he had the ability to avoid the
damage with fate chips and didn't, then he couldn't spend them to help with
the spirit roll.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html