Re: [DL] Question for John regarding Eternal Hero...

> The "official" ruling is to go with the latest usage of the rules - so
> Eternal Hero grants a point of grit and the sprit roll can be made while
> you still have fate chips.

Everybody makes a good point here--and, since I'm no longer as "up" on HOE
as I should be (just don't have the time anymore it seems), I completely
missed the difference myself. I suspect the "no chips" part got left out of
the WW version.

However, my take on it (and it's too complicated to errata, so I'll leave it
alone "officially" <g>), is pretty much the way Scott put it forth. If
you've got chips, but not enough to prevent the character from pushing up
daisies, you can save them for the Spirit roll. I don't think that would be
too abusing and it gives the character a better shot.

I think someone looking to abuse the concept will likely always abuse it
(which is why I recommend doing the draw secretly so the player doesn't even
know).

John