[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000605

Daphne said,

> Ailin: even though your flesh can't really get sick, imagine that from
time
> to time your muscles and nerves "remember" what its like to have a racking
> cough, trying to spit up blood and phlegm, and other tubercular symptoms.
> Instead of having TB, you are condemned to a zombie like version of
> epilepsy.  Imagine the eternal torment of feeling like you have to
sneeze --
> BUT NEVER BEING ABLE TO!!!!

    Well, personally I reckon that's what Degeneration's for ;) My old
harrowed character had intolerance: harroweds and oath: hunt and kill
undead, which when he undied became Angst:2. A lot of the harrowed
hindrances are pretty appropriate for converting old hindrances.
    Another thought- have the TB  be replaced by a horrific stinking fungus
living inside his lungs. Continue to make the vigor rolls, and if he fails,
the mould grows. If he aces it, it declines. Now, if the mold grows big
enough it affects his ability to preserve the illusion of breathing, and
occasionally it will put out spores which go and do Bad Things to other
people around him. Ultimately, they start to eat him from thge inside,
causing permanent wind loss, some reduced physical stats, maybe, or the old
fave, Degeneration.

AndrewC