Re: [DL] Two military-type questions...

Mr. Ross Coburn wrote:
>I have a pair of questions for those with an interest in the Civil War (is
>C. Mcglothglin still on the list?  If not, does anyone have his email
>address?)

	It is whispered he haunts the deepest, darkest recesses of the Listerver,
emerging only when the need is dire....

	(Dang, I kinda sound like Batman there, hey what?:)

>The first is a repetition of an old question:  What (Confederate) artillery
>units, if any, were at the Siege of Vicksburg?

In no particular order:
--Mississippi Battery (Captain Jacob Culbertson commanding)
--Hudson's (Miss.) Battery
--Pointe Coupee' (Louisiana) Battalion
--Alabama Battery (Captain James F. Waddell)
--Cherokee (Georgia) Artillery
--3rd  Maryland Battery
--Texas Legion Artillery Company
--Botetourt (Virginia) Artillery
--2nd Alabama Artillery
--Appeal (Arkansas) Battery
--1st Miss. Light Artillery
--Ala. Battery  (Captain H.H. Sengstak)
--Tennessee Battery (Captain Thomas F. Tobin)
--McNally's (Ark.) Battery
--Missouri Battery  (Lt. William Corkery)
--Guibor's (Mo.) Battery
--Mo. Battery (Captain John C. Landis; Lt. John M. Langan)
--Wade's (Mo.) Battery
--3rd Mo. Battery
--Lowe's (Mo.) Battery
--1st La. Artillery
--8th La. Artillery
--23rd La. Artillery
--1st Tenn. Artillery
--Tenn. Battery  (Captain J.B. Caruthers)
--Tenn. Battery  (Captain T.N. Johnston)
--Tenn. Battery  (Captain J.P. Lynch)
--Vaiden (Miss.) Battery
--Mo. Battery (Captain H.M. Bledsoe)
--Miss. Battery (Captain J.A. Hoskins)
--Ga. Battery (Captain R. Martin)

>Secondly, which units did Rhode Island contribute to the Union Army?

	Little Rhodey contributed 10 infantry regiments, 3 regiments and 1
battalion of cavalry, 3 heavy artillery regiments, 10 light artillery
batteries, and a company of hospital guards. Oh, and General Ambrose
Burnside (Thank you, Rhode Island!!!!:))

>Thanks in advance,

	You're moet welcome. (BTW, if you're still looking for Canadians, I'm not
really one, but since I wrote their first mention in *Deadlands*, can
please I be an Honorary Canadian?:)

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God