Re: [DL] FUDGE Deadlands?

> Hi all!  I've been running my Deadlands campaign over GRIP (which I highly
> recommend, it even has card dealers! http://www.rpgrealms.com) for a
little
> while now, and am hitting some difficulties.  Mostly, the system that is
> great for face-to-face play kinda breaks down a little on-line.  So, I'm
> looking to move the system over to FUDGE (http://www.fudgerpg.com), and
> wondering if anyone else has translated Pinnacle's system to FUDGE.  I
> found one page that had a start of a port, which I'm basing off of, but
> some things don't seem to work right, others are incomplete. I'm just
> putting out a call before I reinvent the wheel.
>
> Or, are there other suggestions?  I don't want to get rid of the cards,
> or the poker chips, I think that is the charm of the system, and I think
> FUDGE could hold up to all of this quite well. I haven't tried DL-lite,
> anybody got comments on it?

I'm thinking that it's theoretically possible to roll a d85 (if GRIP lets
you do that) for Fate Chips, with 1-50 being a White, 51-75 a Red, and 76-85
being a Blue.  You'd then probably have to keep track of which chips have
been drawn and if a particular group runs out, then just reroll the result.
If a Legend chip comes into play, just add a number to the die type (e.g.,
if you throw a Legend Chip into the mix, just make it a d86).  The same
would go for Black or Arcane, and if multiple funky chips get into the mix
you'd just have to group them numerically.  That's how you'd probably have
to work out the Fate Chips.

As for the cards, if FUDGE doesn't do card drwing, you'd just have to come
up with a 1-54 list of individual cards and then just roll a d54.  That's
what I was going to do for WebRPG.

Nick "probably convoluted" Zachariasen