Re: [DL] Hanging Question, need an answer by 3pm EST (GOFF)

 >Well, since the traffic may not get a digest to Goff (that's how he reads
 >the list), I'll try to field this one.  Remember that the first Hard (9)
 >Vigor roll determines whether or not the character's neck snaps (-4 to the
 >roll if he's a Big 'Un), and if he goes bust his head rips clean off.
 >
 >Now, as for when the death occurs, I'd say he passes out when he reaches 0
 >Wind, but only dies when he reaches -5x his Wind.  Of course, I could be
 >wrong, but that seems the most fair to the character.

That is indeed correct - with one minor change - the character dies when he
reaches Maimed in the guts.
Each -x of wind causes a guts wound.  (For example, a character with 12
wind would take a guts wound at -12, -24, etc.)

A healthy person would, ahem, hang around until -5x wind.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Brian Tobin (new premier of Newfoundland): It followed the cod....