Re: [DL] My Absence

At 11:16 AM 6/21/00, you wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>     Had a little trouble with receiving the listserve yesterday. Did I miss
>anything important?
>
>John

I posted a long missive, which I will repost here as 1) I have gotten no

below

spoilers...big time...skip this unless yer authorized to go this far...

Hello there.

I am gonna be running Ghostbusters for my gaming group.  I am looking for
advice and ideas, and sharing a bit of my own. My group consists of:

a Texas Ranger Blessed
a Gunslinger who is Born Under a Blood Red Moon
a Huckster who is a Texas Ranger Spy
a Texas Ranger Hexslinger
a Scrapper Mad Scientist who is a Tempest Syker (pretty much a Greenie
without the Greenie edge)

I have a few Doomtown Cards (Cort Williams, Red Hill Hotel, ect) I plan to
use in chapter 1.

I am a bit worried about the Virgil encounter.  I am afraid the Posse will
heal him and try to take him with them.  any recommendations?  Virgil would
make the City o' Gloom portion awful easy.

Also, I am under the understanding that Rangers are unwelcome in the
CoG.  Fortunately, the Mad Scientist lives there (he is in Smith and
Robards' employ) so I am expecting him to be able to advise them keep a low
profile.

My other hesitation is while chapter 1 seems pretty Ranger friendly, that
seems to drop off afterward. any suggestions?

last, I plan to horde most of my Chips for The Ghost, Nicodemus (if they
screw up) and Uriah.  I am not planning to use any for Regina as by the
time they meet her her luck is theoretically run out, so thus so has her
fate.  I plan to use chips liberally for the Whatleys (but not their Thugs)
as they always were lucky.  The Ghost I will be using them for to represent
it not being his time.  Thoughts?

well those are my thoughts right now. Discuss.

TBS
The Fastest Zombie In The West

as an add on, for Ghost tactics, I was thinking of having him Ghost, then
use Bad Mojo on each Huckster, then go physical and fight. thoughts there?

Last, I think using the 5 pillars of Islam as a riddle to put in order is
so damn cool I don't think I can describe it.

TBS