Re: [DL] rate of fire

At 6/23/00 08:44 PM -0700, you wrote:
 >Then you're completely negating the benefits of the
 >semi-auto; it has the exact same attack "speed" of a
 >standard double-action.  Thanks for the reload
 >mention, though; I remembered it has a clip.

Right - I stared at this one for about an hour.  The key was that it should
not be as fast as an automatic - the Gatling pistol should have a higher RoF.
And giving the Browning a higher RoF means a lot more dice rolled per
combat.  Imagine a RoF 3 weapon in each fist of a two gun kid. :-)

Now - in my own game, I have a house rule that gives the second shot from a
double action a -2 penalty, to reflect the inaccuracy of rapid
shooting.  For the Browning, I would negate that penalty altogether.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?