[DL] New Edges!

Howdy gang,

A month or two ago I came up with the Liver o' Steel egde. Now, it suddenly struck me that this egde didn't quite cover all the positive sides of strong drink.... So, here's another  two alcoholic edges:

"It Keeps Me Hand Steady" 1/3

With too much whiskey in your gut, even the easiest task can become difficult. Some people however, can still shoot as straight as they do while sober, and that is while they are crawling on the floor!

A character that has "It Keeps Me Hand Steady" can ignore any drinking-related penalties to any one chosen Aptitude (for example shootin' or persuasion). This could include a reduced die-type (for that Aptitude and that Aptitude), or a penalty for being in the wrong crowd on social Aptitudes. He still stuffers all other normal penaties from strong drink. Note that this edge never cancels any bonuses, nor does it cancel penalties form other sources.

It costs 1 points for most characters, but for those with a Hankerin' to alcohole, it costs 3.

"It Gets Me Hand Steadier" 3/5

Though some people are pretty much unaffected by strong drink, some become even better after a drink or two!

In addition to all the benefits of "It Keeps Me Hand Steady", a cowpoke with this egde will actually enjoy a +2 bonus to a single chosen Aptitude whenever he is at least Feelin' No Pain.

There is one downside, however. If the character indulges in the use of the Aptitude he gets a bonus in, he must do a Spirit test each time he must do a Vigor roll related to drinking (excluding soberin' up). The TN is the same as for the Vigor test. If the test fails, the cowpoke cannot stop drinking untill he makes the test or passes out. In addition, when the character is Three Sheets to the Wind, he will constantly be looking for oportuinites to use the Aptitude he gets a bonus in. This can get nasty is the Aptitude is Shootin' or Fightin'.

This edge costs 3 points for most characters, but for those with a Hankerin' to alcohole, it costs 5. In addition, those who doesn't have a Hankerin', usually developes one pretty soon.

So, how do y'all like 'em?

Marshal Ole I. "Pass me that bottle, will you?" Stene