Re: [DL] New Edges!

Do I hear. . . Drunken Monkey style. . .

 >"It Keeps Me Hand Steady" 1/3
 >
 >With too much whiskey in your gut, even the easiest task can become
 >difficult. Some people however, can still shoot as straight as they do while
 >sober, and that is while they are crawling on the floor!
 >
 >A character that has "It Keeps Me Hand Steady" can ignore any
 >drinking-related penalties to any one chosen Aptitude (for example shootin'
 >or persuasion). This could include a reduced die-type (for that Aptitude and
 >that Aptitude), or a penalty for being in the wrong crowd on social
 >Aptitudes. He still stuffers all other normal penaties from strong drink.
 >Note that this edge never cancels any bonuses, nor does it cancel penalties
 >form other sources.
 >
 >It costs 1 points for most characters, but for those with a Hankerin' to
 >alcohole, it costs 3.
 >

 >"It Gets Me Hand Steadier" 3/5
 >
 >Though some people are pretty much unaffected by strong drink, some become
 >even better after a drink or two!
 >
 >In addition to all the benefits of "It Keeps Me Hand Steady", a cowpoke with
 >this egde will actually enjoy a +2 bonus to a single chosen Aptitude
 >whenever he is at least Feelin' No Pain.
 >
 >There is one downside, however. If the character indulges in the use of the
 >Aptitude he gets a bonus in, he must do a Spirit test each time he must do a
 >Vigor roll related to drinking (excluding soberin' up). The TN is the same
 >as for the Vigor test. If the test fails, the cowpoke cannot stop drinking
 >untill he makes the test or passes out. In addition, when the character is
 >Three Sheets to the Wind, he will constantly be looking for oportuinites to
 >use the Aptitude he gets a bonus in. This can get nasty is the Aptitude is
 >Shootin' or Fightin'.
 >
 >This edge costs 3 points for most characters, but for those with a Hankerin'
 >to alcohole, it costs 5. In addition, those who doesn't have a Hankerin',
 >usually developes one pretty soon.
 >

 >So, how do y'all like 'em?
 >

 >Marshal Ole I. "Pass me that bottle, will you?" Stene

 >	unsubscribe deadlands
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Wesley:
I'm not sure, but I can figure it out if I reroute these systems and
reconfigure the warp field and run a complete internal whootchacallit on
the computers and...