Re: [DL] Something Wicked This Way Comes

> I'm thinking about running an adventure about a dark and wicked traveling
circus and I'm
> looking for dark and wicked ideas... So i turn to you.
>
> What do you have for me, my twisted ones.

Well, taking a bit of a cue from Kiss, you could have the ringmaster be some
sort of abomination that messes with people minds.  You could have him be
able to alter their perceptions and/or emotions.  In fact, make him able to
make the PCS think that they saw a great show, but they entirely imagine the
whole thing.  Then, when they go looking forthe components of the fully
set-up circus, tents and all, but they can't find anyone except the
Ringmaster.  You could even have people be "volunteers" for things like the
magic act and be killed during them, but because of the ringmaster's
perception-altering ability nobody knows it.  Later, the person is "found"
dead in the vicinity of the circus by a random performer the ringmaster
decides to have show up when somebody comes looking for the person.  You
would need to have the ringmaster's pereception alteration last for a little
while beyond the show, probably with induced amnesia and/or false memories.

Nick "Psycho Circus" Zachariasen