Re: [DL] first game

 >1. Fate chips, other than for red jokers does anyone else hand them out in
 >the middle of a game.  I seemed to think that all fate chips were to be
 >rewarded at the end of the adventure.
(blam)
 >BTW the guy playing the prussian actually did light up a cigar and yes he
 >did... the other thing... in Real.  It was cool, I wanted to give him a fate
 >chip on the spot for good use of his hinderances, instead I made a notion
 >and awarded him at the end.  Do you think i should have given him one right
 >there?

That's EXACTLY what fate chips are for.  Good roleplaying during the
adventure garnishes an immediate reward.

 >2. To be a bastard or not to be a bastard?  I've set up a town, even going
 >so far to map out a portion of it on parchment, that has Six storylines
 >running through the whole thing.  One was let go and that's no problem.  One
 >storyline was for a single character and whoever she could talk into helping
 >her, it was meant to take place over weeks ingame time.  However she was
 >spotted and I forced my hand.  Long story short almost every player has left
 >the town and gone over the mountains into Idaho to stalk a killer.

Not sure as to what the question is here.  But - if the players want to go
off hunting a killer - let 'em.  Save the other plotlines for later when/if
they return.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Elvis Presley:
You aint nothin' but a chicken, crossin' all the roads!