Re: [DL] Assorted bits (eeuuwww!) [GOFF]

> Sure...I've been seeing the Cackler's name come up a bit recently. It may be
> time to revisit it in the reasonably near future...

Exactly how would the Cackler compare to Stone?

Stone : The Reckoner's Monkey-Boy that develops a lot of powers really
fast [like all of them at Level 3 or 4 in only 14 years] and has a
manitou that's afraid of him.

The Cackler: A Harrowed that has been around since before the Great
Spirit War, which was several hundred years ago [The Dark Ages, IIRC]
and probably has beaten his manitou down like a little monkey by this
point [even though complete Dominion is the exclusive province of the
manitou, it can still try to take control.]
Even though the Cackler was developing powers several hundred years ago
and the manitous got locked up [except the one in his noggin], the ties
to the Hunting Grounds were weaker, so I'm taking it that he couldn't
develop any more powers or even improve the ones he had. But how old is
The Cackler? Before the Great Spirit War means at least a few hundred
years old. Maybe even older?

I remember part of  "The Book o' the Dead" that mentions that a few
Harrowed from before the Reckoning survived up to this point, but only a
couple have made their way West to the New World [I'm taking that to
mean The Cackler and Old Pete.]

Mike
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."