Re: [DL] Disputed Lands and MiBs/Rangers (probably spoilers)

> > Here's a quick question: the town of Pickville, CO currently has a Fear
> > Level of 5.  How much interest would either the Rangers and/or The
Agency
> > take in keeping an eye on this town before it turns into a full-blown
> > Deadland?
>
> Although they have a rough understanding of the correlation of fear to
> supernatural events, neither group has it down to a fine enough science to
> know if it's on the edge of turning into a Deadland. (BTW, I'd make the
> thing that kicks it over the edge of Fear Level 6 _BIG_.)

Would an Orphaned Head work, or should I make it more over the top?

> That said, most likely an operative from the Agency would be dispatched to
> look into things--sounds like it's gettin' rough thereabouts. <g>
Colorado's
> disputed, but the Union has a pretty good grip on things from at least
> Denver north.
>
> If the posse's non-Agency/non-Rangers, it could be fun to have them
> encounter the aftermath of one of those organizations covering up a
> supernatural event and try to figure out what the Hell is going on...

So how should I handle an operative coming in while the posse's there?  So
far they've handled things pretty well (except the wolves, who they left the
towmspeople to fight so they could leave for the Maze), and they left for
Pickville as soon as they saw the new Epitaph with the article in it- or
would an undercover Agency operative perhaps be there already?  If so, what
would he do with the posse?  I haven't really had my posse get involved in
any such entanglements yet, and I'm not sure how to manage it.

Nick "veritable heaps o' townsfolk misery" Zachariasen