Re: [DL] Disputed Lands and MiBs/Rangers (probably spoilers)

> Would an Orphaned Head work, or should I make it more over the top?

Hmm...I don't know. An orphaned head might do it--but it would have to be a
long, drawn out process, taking a lot of effort on the part of the
abomination to bring about. You know, headless zombies falling out of the
cupboard or hiding in the fireplace to frighten the children aren't quite
going to do it. :-)

OTOH, if it's a _smart_ head and finds a way to slowly milk the fear level
up, it might could. Those things are pretty resilient, survival oriented
buggers, so it might pull it off. :-)

 How long's the town been at Fear Level 5? Basically, during the WW
timeframe, a Deadland forming should be very rare, special event.

> So how should I handle an operative coming in while the posse's there?

Odds are, if he's Agency, they won't even know it anyway. ;-)

> So
> far they've handled things pretty well (except the wolves, who they left
the
> towmspeople to fight so they could leave for the Maze),

Hm. Unless you just _want_ a Deadland  there (in which case a town isn't
going to survive more than a few days...), it sounds like they may have
staved off the formation, even if they didn't repair any damage.

>  and they left for
> Pickville as soon as they saw the new Epitaph with the article in it- or
> would an undercover Agency operative perhaps be there already?

Probably not unless word was already out. Given that I assume the fear level
was pretty high to start with, he may have been.

> If so, what
> would he do with the posse?  I haven't really had my posse get involved in
> any such entanglements yet, and I'm not sure how to manage it.

Not necessarily anything at all. He might manipulate them to take out an
abomination and then later discredit their claims by presenting "evidence"
that it was a completely explainable event. ;-)

John