Re: [DL] Need help with munchkin player

> 1. Loaded for Bear: a. if the spell would raise the die code above 20's
> should I just add more dice. (i.e. 4 raises on a rifle 4d10 dam > 7d20 or
> should I just stop at 4d20)?

Stop at 4d20 and start going with +2 per two raises. Two raises equals
4d20+2, four raises equals 4d20+4.

> 1b. Would this spell work on a cannon, the Munchkin is screaming for a
> cannon!

How is he going to pull the cannon around? IIRC, they usually required
two horses unless the artillery piece was really light. Towing a cannon
around poses a unique set of problems for the posse, which you can
exploit at your liesure, i.e. they pull it into a town, most people are
going to think "Army" and might not cotton to that. Or the local Law Dog
is going to tell them to get the Hell out of town with it. Or a U.S.
Marshal backed up with some soldiers might ask exactly *where* they got
an artillery piece.

Does the character have "Artillery: Cannon"?

> 2. Load em Up:  If the gun still has the spent cartrides in it does this
> spell still load the cylinder with new bullets, thus displacing the old
> spent rounds?

I would say yes. If it can magically make bullets appear in a spent gun,
it can make the casings disappear.

> 3. Shoot or Recruit Oath.  My Ranger/munchkin is in the north laying low and
> has met with two PC Hucksters.  I've wired from HQ that they want them
> recruited but only after a little observation (I'm trying to find a reason
> why the Ranger should stay in the North).  The player doesn't wish to kill
> fellow pc but has said that he will.

Texas Rangers are more likely to recruit than the Agency. They have a
somewhat different aspect on things [like they can take anybody on God's
Green Earth.] Killing th subject isn't necessary. You can just get
leverage over tham [blackmail, for instance.] or tell them that the CSA
might want to call on their services in the future. Even if they don't
wan't to work for the Rangers or aren't exactly what the player in
question would want as a Ranger doesn't mean that they aren't useful now
or could be useful later.

Btw, I noticed you said that you wired that Austin wants them
*recruited*. If he kills them, General MacNelly might very well ask
[harshly] why he destroyed two potentially very useful resources.

> the question is; does The Oath pertain to ALL hucksters and harrowed and
> such or only to possibly dangerous.  In otherwords if the hucksters are
> found to be relivity harmless would they have to be killed?

Only if they seem to be going against the public good. Easy way to
determine, if the huckster is simply looking out for himself and a
carousing gambler, no he doesn't have to be killed. Even if he refuses
to work with the Rangers, it doesn't mean that he has to be put down. If
anything, slip him a bribe [$50 is a good chunk of money back then] to
work with the Ranger on an assignment. "Recruitment" doesn't always
mean  "has to join up and get a black duster." It can be sporadic.

Otoh, if the huckster is a clear threat to the lives of innocent people,
the Confederacy, or the Greater Good [i.e. A Bad Guy NPC], yes, the
posse would probably put him under anyways.

>I seem to
> recall that the killing part has to deal with putting down horrowed who have
> lost dominion and such.

Pretty much. The Rangers will put down Harrowed that *have lost
Dominion*, but not necessarily gun down one that hasn't or a huckster
that isn't interested in joining up with the Rangers. Personally, I
figure the Rangers may have something similar to the Agencies Star
Chamber expresly for this purpose. A gunfighter that can have an arm
blown off and his guts hanging out, but still keep firing is a very
useful ally [and a good damage sponge.]

Mike "DAMAGE SPONGE GOOD!"
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."