RE: [DL] Thoughts on Adventures

> -----Original Message From: mmdeforrest@worldnet.att.net -----
>
> <lots of snippage>
>
> One other problem with the voting approach -- what do you do with players
> whose groups succeed but are outvoted.  Eventually, the continuity will be
> strained as individual Marshals try to retcon their gaming histories or
come
> up with excuses why their failure became success (his evil twin, yea....)
or
> vice-versa (You save the town but, three days after you left, the bandits
> came back harrowed....).  So long as you can address that, things should
be
> fine.

I finally had to de-lurk and put my opinion up.  The voting concept is cool,
and I
for one really appreciate that the game company wants to include the game
community in their story development.  But the process has a flaw.  By
including
some posses (whose voted adventure outcome becomes official meta-plot) means
you are excluding the rest.  I'd try to be helpful and suggest good
alternative
approaches or something, but this really is a sticky bit.

All I could think up would only allow a small number of fans to participate.
Hold a contest/drawing/raffle to pick a small number of posses (maybe be
even one) that could run the adventure, and use their outcome as official.
Release the adventure afterwards, with notes indicating how it really
should end.  Any NPCs that absolutely need to live or die can be
indicated, and the rest of us Marshals can deal with them much like we
deal with Stone in Road to Hell trilogy - stat-less non-killable important
plot
device people.

Well, that's my two cents (one CSA, one USA -- I'm the impartial Marshal
afterall).
Thanks for a game that sparks more interest in me and my posse than anything
else we've played!

Jeff Yates
Florida Marshal who's game group went from 5 during ADnD to 8 to 10 for
Deadlands!