Re: [DL] Thoughts on Adventures

I had a similar idea before, but decided against it.  My understanding is
that the voting process eliminates the picture-show feeling of many
"plot" adventures (like Fotress o' Fear).  An adventure that has too
strict of a predetermined end result tends to make the characters feel a
bit railroaded.  Boise Horror works well, because there are certain
things that have to happen in the official story, but there's a lot of
ways that those results come about, and they depend very much on the
actions of the posse.

> I finally had to de-lurk and put my opinion up.  The voting concept
> is cool,
> and I
> for one really appreciate that the game company wants to include the
> game
> community in their story development.  But the process has a flaw.
> By
> including
> some posses (whose voted adventure outcome becomes official
> meta-plot) means
> you are excluding the rest.  I'd try to be helpful and suggest good
> alternative
> approaches or something, but this really is a sticky bit.
>
> All I could think up would only allow a small number of fans to
> participate.
> Hold a contest/drawing/raffle to pick a small number of posses
> (maybe be
> even one) that could run the adventure, and use their outcome as
> official.
> Release the adventure afterwards, with notes indicating how it
> really
> should end.  Any NPCs that absolutely need to live or die can be
> indicated, and the rest of us Marshals can deal with them much like
> we
> deal with Stone in Road to Hell trilogy - stat-less non-killable
> important
> plot
> device people.

From Whom It May Concern,