From: Hank Woolsey [mailto:hwoolsey@precisiongraphics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 11:58 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Re: Voting in adventures

John wrote:

Not since I'm writing the outlines for the adventures as well as the
sourcebooks. :-)

This seems like as good a message to respond to as any.

I have an idea.  Would it be possible to add a paragraph or so to
whatever supplement (Epitaph, adventure, sourcebook, etc.) announces
the results, to accommodate those whose result in the voted-upon
adventure varied from the majority?

I'm not explaining this very well, so here's an example.  Everybody
votes for Ghostbusters and the majority achieved result X.  In
"Goff's Fuzzy, Lovable Critters Slaughter Everyone in Sight" (the
[made-up just for the sake of this example] adventure book in which
you plan to announce the results of the Ghostbusters result) could
you include a paragraph for those who did not get result X, with some
compatible-with-official storyline event that brings them back in
line with X?  If in Ghostbusters the majority result causes John Doe
to die and no longer be part of the universe, provide a way for those
who saved John to get back in line with the majority.  ("For those of
you who saved John, it's a real shame his stagecoach was robbed on
the way home.  He heoically saved the lives of his fellow passengers
by dropping luggage on the robbers, but died of the tetanus infection
he developed when he cut his hand on an ill-maintained steamer trunk
clasp.")

Just my $0.02.

Hank Woolsey