[DL] Important Events in History

I'm about to start a new game and was wondering if anybody could tell
me some of the more important events that take place in Deadlands 1876?
I have the basic book and Quick and the Dead and want to have some
information about the world to give the players as it happens in game
time.  Anything that you might think is important.
	Also, I was wondering what other books are worth buying? Or have
important rules and information?  Thanks a lot.

--Mike