[DL] Minis and WOW

I can't believe that a post of mine actually took up an entire days digest.
I'm honored that I hit on a topic of such concern.

Just for clarity I wanted to rephrase a few of my arguments and things I've
picked up from a very nice rant about GW.

Prices: GW rasies their prices without warning, reason or even explanations.
You can get about half as many figs from GW as you can from Pinnicle just
price wise.  A five man posse is almost twice as much.  25.00 compared to
12.95.

Bases: I'm not totally advocateing slota bases.  I just want something that
will stand up when you put it on a hill.  I did glue washers to the bottoms
of the ones that I have, but if life is fair (and don't tell me I know it
isn't) then I shouldn't have to.

Varation: New figs, and lots of them.  The old ones could do with some more
and different poses and individual characters.  The castings for most of the
figs I have so far are quite good but the models themselves are hard to
paint because the features are indistinct and lumpy.  And don't even ask me
about eyes, I've only got two figs that have good looking eyes.  This is
mostly due to poor planning and painting skill but the fact that more than
half of them are squinting doesn't help matters.

Hanging judges: I want one.  Or two.  This is in my opinion THE coolist fig.
Next to stone of course but you can't go out and buy stone.  Though I wish
you could.  They aren't listed in the store so I take it they are either
sold out or the production run of them wasn't big enough to last through the
dry times.

Resin: didn't expect to get a lot of them but it was a nice thought.  300
identical resin gretchen are just as good as 300 individual pewter gretchen
if not better.

Paints: it isn't really in the area of pinnicle to produce paints so I'll
just ask for a decent picture of the fig I'm painting.  Assembleing the
velocepede is hard enough without a picture, painting automatons is just
plain harsh. Artwork is nice.  The codex(es? en?) from the warhammer sets
are actually blatent attempts to squeeze more money from the players to get
the correct paint jobs for the figs but they do at least give some nice
ideas about where to start and what kind of finished product to expect.

Posse sets-  The standard split of 2 pistols, two rifles, 1 shotgun is ok
but if you want to assemble a posse of five shotguns do you really want to
buy five packs of gunmen?  I'm not above buying some nice individual figs
but I won't buy packs of guys I don't want just to get that extra female
gunslinger for my black river witch squad.

Just thought of something that you guys would have had to think of
eventually.  If you do make a new character, like say...the
werewolf/blessed...you would need to include a werewolf/blessed troop card
with the unit because there isn't one in the basic set and he doesn't exist
in the army lists.  This would save you the trouble of printing new army
lists every time a fig gets released and the players would not have to make
cheap nock off cards to represent the new figs.  happy all around? yes good.
Good night.

Ron "tired and going to bed" Conner

Deadlands Good!
Work Bad!