Re: [DL] Important Events in History

| I'm about to start a new game and was wondering if anybody could tell
| me some of the more important events that take place in Deadlands 1876?
| I have the basic book and Quick and the Dead and want to have some
| information about the world to give the players as it happens in game
| time.  Anything that you might think is important.
| 	Also, I was wondering what other books are worth buying? Or have
| important rules and information?  Thanks a lot.

Actually, these two questions dovetail nicely.  If you want an idea of
what's happening as 1876 rolls on, I'd pick up Tales o' Terror: 1877, the
timeline update book.  As far as other books go:

If you've got Injuns in yer posse, Ghost Dancers is indispensible.

Law Dogs is a good selection, because it's got lots of guns and gun mods,
which players love.

If you're going to be running in one of the main settings (the Maze, the
City o' Gloom, etc.) pick up the appropriate boxed set.

Other than that, the splatbooks for whatever types of characters your posse
are playing are a good selection.

B. D. Flory

"There are four types of homicide: felonious, culpable, justifiable, and
praiseworthy."
                                                   -Oscar Wilde