Re: [DL] Minis and WOW

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:31:38 -0700 "Ronald Conner" <ronald@teleport.com>
writes:

> Bases: I'm not totally advocateing slota bases.  I just want
> something that
> will stand up when you put it on a hill.  I did glue washers to the
> bottoms
> of the ones that I have, but if life is fair (and don't tell me I
> know it
> isn't) then I shouldn't have to.

I was completely against slotted bases when the discussion originally
came up, but after taking a break from GRW and playing Necromunda for a
few months, I found that putting each figure on the same base makes the
whole group look a lot better, not to mention being able to stand up
almost anywhere.

> Varation: New figs, and lots of them.  The old ones could do with
> some more
> and different poses and individual characters.  The castings for
> most of the
> figs I have so far are quite good but the models themselves are hard
> paint because the features are indistinct and lumpy.  And don't even
> ask me
> about eyes, I've only got two figs that have good looking eyes.
> This is
> mostly due to poor planning and painting skill but the fact that
> more than
> half of them are squinting doesn't help matters.

Hey, in the old west, everyone squints...it's part of the "look."

> Hanging judges: I want one.  Or two.  This is in my opinion THE
> coolist fig.
> Next to stone of course but you can't go out and buy stone.  Though
> I wish
> you could.  They aren't listed in the store so I take it they are
> either
> sold out or the production run of them wasn't big enough to last
> through the
> dry times.

Well, technically, you can't go out and buy a Hangin' Judge, either.

> Resin: didn't expect to get a lot of them but it was a nice thought.
>  300
> identical resin gretchen are just as good as 300 individual pewter
> gretchen
> if not better.

It'd be nice to have some resin vehicles finally, but resin minis tend to
have really poor detail.

> Paints: it isn't really in the area of pinnicle to produce paints so
> I'll just ask for a decent picture of the fig I'm painting.
Assembleing
> the velocepede is hard enough without a picture, painting automatons is

> just plain harsh. Artwork is nice.  The codex(es? en?) from the
warhammer
> sets are actually blatent attempts to squeeze more money from the
players
> to get the correct paint jobs for the figs but they do at least give
some
> nice ideas about where to start and what kind of finished product to
> expect.

There were instructions for the Automatons on the website.  The
velocipede was a bit annoying, but I managed to get it right the first
time (it still looks goofy with the weapons though)

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A Ranallo

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.