Re: [DL] Buying Habits

  In most of the games I'm involved in the GM buys all/most of the books.
Players tend to buy the main book and players guide (where applicable) and
any supplement directly relevant to the character they have at the time.
However, as others have mentioned this depends a lot on the Cash flow of the
gamer in question.  More money = more supplements purchased.
  Given all of that I love the players sections of the sourcebooks. I have
no problem with my players reading those sections. Of course I find having a
healthy dose of misinformation in the players sections is a nice touch. It's
always fun when folks "discover" the truth is very different than what they
thought it was.
  One of the strongest points of a game like Deadlands is a solid well
thought out game world. The "world" is what makes it more than a Gunfighter
game with zombies. Having sections of the sourcebooks which the players can
read allows them to have a better appreciation for the world they are
playing in and thus enjoy the game more. I've found this to be true as both
a Marshall of Deadlands and a player of HOE. Of course from a marketing
standpoint giving players a reason to purchase all the supplements is a
great idea :)

Paul Wilson

pwilson@po-box.esu.edu