Re: [DL] yet more Diablo questions (ot)

I'm continuing the off-topic Diablo discussion; feel
free to skip (and sorry!)

--- "Leybourne, Brian" <Brian.Leybourne@airnz.co.nz> >
> I'll give you a hint - don't waste your time putting
> skill points into
> Skeletons or Skeleton Mages. They are useless in
> later acts. You will do
> better concentrating on bone skills and golems.
> Blood Golem (with several
> levels of Golem mastery) with the Iron Maiden curse
> is great. As monsters
> hurt him, they take the wounds back, the wounds they
> take back heal the
> blood golem (and, incidentally, your necromancer)
> and so you get healed as
> he fights.
>
> Then you can sit back and throw the occasional bone
> spear and corpse
> explosion. Necro becomes the easiest class to play.
>
> A few points in Skeletons is OK, but don't sink lots
> of points like my first
> necromancer did. When facing Diablo, for example,
> all skeletons die
> automatically when they get within a certain radius
> of him, so they can't
> even fight him.

I've actually heard this from multiple sources, and I
saved my Level 11 skill point for just such a reason
(come on Level 12!).  I'm heading for Iron Maiden as
soon as I make the level, but I do want at least a
point or two in Skellie Mages, because they're fun and
can be resummoned, while a merc can get expensive.  I
like range!  Thanks for the confirmation, can't wait
until I've got the levels to take advantage of it!

Marguerite of EMGB