Re: [DL] Another one

At 11:37 PM 7/26/2000 -0400, John Goff wrote:
>Shoot, man, I've got posse members that actively take joy when one of their
>number gets the shaft. :-)
>
>It probably helps when I give them fate chips for pointing out Hindrances
>the other player may have..."overlooked" in a moment of passion. ;-)

Hmm.  That could work, in a nasty, snitchy kind of way, but the way I tend
to handle it is that the ones that just impose numerical penalties are
easy, since they just work into the rolls, the ones that Victoria/Daphne
excels at (Ailin, Night Terrors) tend to be out of the way on average
before play begins, and that mainly leaves the ones involving motivation etc.

Now, I try to remember everyone's at all times and monitor accordingly, but
I'm not perfect, and usually plotting, so occasionally something slips by.
If it's minor, I can live with it.  If it's major, it's a pain.

So one thing I permit (that horrifies others I've heard from) is players
hitting em up for a chip if they think they've earned it and I haven't
forked over.  Doesn't mean I'll agree, but I don't want a player getting
the shaft just because I was too busy plotting for an army of Maze Dragons
(or whatever nonsense I'm up to in any particular week.  My bandits are
particularly popular with my players, it seems...).