Re: [DL] Another one

Umm...
>>>I LOVE Overawe.  Against players with high guts and some grit it can be
>>>hard to pull off, but when it does, the look on their faces is priceless!
>>
>>That's why I prefer ridicule.  Few players (if any) *ever* take it.  Plus,
>>it has the added benefit of obnoxiously taunting the posse (more)
>
> Oh, I so agree there. On the rare occasion that I get a chance to make a
> character (or a 'perosnal NPC' in some cases), I tend to load up on
> ridicule instead for the same purpose.  Posses are most often defenceless
> against it, and it is just plain FUN to put into action.  Pulled one on ol'
> Slowpoke, to which his best response was an 'oh, yeah?' last game.

Actually, it was against the Reverend Stone.

And the minute any of us gets bounty points to spare, you're going to wish
you'd never tried that... *tries to look impressive and intimidating and
fails miserably*

Oh well. It *was* pretty funny.

> I don't think the player would have gone down quite so quietly, but the
> character didn't even have the skill, and thus got a total of about 2 on
> his roll.
>
> Heh, heh, heh...

Daphné
--
 "I've really got to learn to just do the damage and get out of town. It's
the 'stay and gloat' that gets me every time."