Re: [DL] Combat streamlining

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 01:03:24 -0400 Ross Coburn <coburn@sympatico.ca>
writes:
> 1. Make sure every player has a copy of the Hit Location chart, so
> they can
> get that done as quickly as possible.

Our posse has always had a kind of designated person who checks location
for everyone's rolls since the chart is on the back of the Marshal's
Screen.

> 2. Save Wind damage for exhaustion and non-lethal combat.  With
> Vigor rolls
> to keep going, it isn't redundant per se (I like it a lot in
> theory), but
> it does slow things down a lot.

We've never thought the wind damage from wounds slowed things down... but
if you like it...

> 3. On Hit Location chart, make divisions for left/right arm and leg
> (as
> I've heard Deputy Seyberth does), so as to avoid an annoying second
> roll
> when you score on one.

To streamline this, we decided that an even result on the location die
was the right and odd was the left.

>snip<
> DISCLAIMER:  Am suffering from moderately serious back injury.  Many
> drugs
> being taken.  Results of which include long, rambling posts,
> especially the
> last few days.  Now you know.

Hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel.

"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope."
             -Texas Ranger D.M. Thomas
Waste of Space - http://mscof.home.texas.net/

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.