Re: [DL] Combat streamlining

At 11:08 AM 7/27/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>--- Ross Coburn <coburn@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> So go
>> out and buy one of
>> these pint 'Texas style' (according to a Quebec
>> furniture company, so take
>> with a grain of salt!) tables right away!
>
>Or pick up a wooden or plastic card holder at a game
>shop.  That's what we use; they're slanted to hold
>five cards in a very small space but still be able to
>read them all.  Our Marshall's considering getting a
>second!

Oooh!  That sounds neat!  Any player bringing me one will hereby be
rewarded with an appropriate chip!  (But it has to be nice wood.  Plastic
sucks.)  Any player bringing one for their own use can, well, use it and
benefit accordingly.

Also, any player finding a spitoon (in brass or whatever) or equally
periodic and cool fate pot will also be rewarded handsomely.  I use a
burlap sack right now, which work, but I could really use something more
atmospheric.

I generally mean this to apply to my players (many of whom are on this
list), but if someone from another group entirely wants to mail me one of
the above, heck, I'll give you the chips too!  And the chips to cover
postage!  I'll even write your Marshall an email saying it's OK since I
said so; you know he (or she) will go for that!

Oh, and another note; not only am I stoned most of the day these days on
painkillers, but the (borrowed) computer I'm using has one of those
loathsome Microsoft ergonomic keyboards.  Blame my recent mis-spellings and
missing letters on that please.  I *do* know how to write as a general rule.